The mindfulness and meditation sessions are based on the 8-week Stress Reduction Program, founded in 1979 by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. All workshops and sessions are individually tailored to meet the needs of the individual/group.
8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Classes
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Understanding stress reactivity and learning stress resilience and stress hardiness
- Practices to cultivate kindness and self-compassion
- Bringing mindfulness to interpersonal communication and relationships
- Daily home assignments (practice time of 45 minutes a day is expected)
- Home practice CDs and a home practice manual
The fee for the 8-week class (24 hours of instruction) is $500.
Pre-requisite: You must attend the Free Introduction to Mindfulness class, at which you can meet the instructor(s) and sign up for this program.
Single or multiple sessions explore mindfulness, meditation and gentle yoga practices based on the MBSR curriculum. Multiple sessions are recommended to get maximum benefits – but even one session can get you started on the path of mindfulness and self-care. One-on-one sessions offer opportunities for practice that are tailored to individual needs.
Fee for the individual sessions is $125 per session.
If you have a group of friends or co-workers that you would like to practice with, single or multiple sessions for small or large groups can be arranged.
Special lunch-time or after-hours programs help with the work-place stress to help employees with greater clarity of thought and balance to increase productivity and effectiveness of employees at work.